Monday, December 12, 2011

I used a debit card to pay for my Finnair flight, and Finnair states they do not accept debit card payment?

I booked a London to Beijing flight with FinnAir.


I payed using debit card, and it worked fine. I got my e-ticket/reciept, and they debited my account


the correct amount of money. So why does Finnairs terms and conditions state that they dont accept debit card payment, yet my transaction worked fine?|||Does your debit card have a MasterCard or Visa logo on it? If it does, than it is being treated as a credit card NOT for the reason the previous poster stated.....|||Your debit card isn't actually 'acting' as a debit card, but rather as a credit card.Yes, the money comes out of your bank account but the transaction is labeled as 'debit' for some reason. So think of the card as a debit card but it is used as a credit card. That is why when you buy things at your local supermarket, you can push 'cancel' and have it register as a credit card instead of putting in your PIN. The same amount of money gets deducted both ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment