Thursday, December 8, 2011

If My Bank Changes My Debit Card Number Will I Still Be Able To Use My Old Checks?

Hi, my bank recently changed my debit card number. Does this effect my checking account number and my checks. The checks have my checking account number on them, not my old debit card number, are the checks still good? If not, will Bank of America replace my old checks with new ones (it was their fault- they believe they may have compromised my debit card info.)? Thanks.|||No, your debit card number has nothing to do with your checking account number. They are simply linked, but your account number is the same, and your checks are still good. That is, of course, dependent on whether they changed your checking account number also, which they might have if your account was compromised. You should just call them. But if it was only the debit card number, then the checks are still good and the account number is still the same.|||youre account number is still the same, but if you dont trust me call your bank, which I recommend for your questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment