Thursday, December 15, 2011

So I lost my debit card and I am forced to write checks for a little bit. I have a question?

I lost my debit card while traveling and my bank is going to take 4 days to mail me a new one. I was just wondering why so many places that use a check verification service wont accept any out of state checks. If the machine is telling them the check is good, who cares where it comes from? Any ideas?|||Because when the machine says it is good it is saying that you currently have money in your account. Doesn't matter how much just as long as you have enough to cover the check. If they take the check and you pull all of the money from your account it is harder to track an out of state check so the store has a higher chance of losing their money.|||my guess is khuz they might be worried.. ( they as the company themselves) that it might boucne.. even though it says it's a good check...|||It is too hard to track you down if the check bounces. There may be enough in the account today, but not enough to cover the amount in 2-3 days when the check is processed.

No comments:

Post a Comment